The Bossier Sheriff-Police Narcotics Task Force checked 11 businesses in Bossier Parish Aug. 30 for underage alcohol sales.
Nine stores complied with the law, while two clerks at the other businesses did not comply and were cited for selling alcohol to persons under the age of 21.
These two businesses were not in compliance with the law and did sell or serve alcohol to underage buyers; each clerk issued a summons for Unlawful Sales to Persons Under 21:
- Chevron Food Mart, 1604 Airline Drive, Bossier City
- Clerk: Jasswant Jass
- Los Potrillos Taqueria, 1835 Old Minden Road, Bossier City
- Clerk: Mikaylah Green
These nine businesses were in compliance with the law and did not sell nor serve alcohol to underage buyers:
- Willow Chute, 4721 Palmetto Road, Benton
- Circle K, 5302 Airline Drive, Bossier City
- Exxon, 4903 Airline Drive, Bossier City
- Raceway, 3645 Benton Road, Bossier City
- Food Town, 1918 Benton Road, Bossier City
- Citgo, 2201 E. Texas Street, Bossier City
- Valero, 100 Benton Spur, Bossier City
- Peters Grocery, 1521 Barksdale Blvd., Bossier City
- Ride USA, 1300 Barksdale Blvd., Bossier City
“Most of the businesses we checked did the right thing and didn’t sell alcohol to someone under the age of 21,” said Bossier Sheriff Julian Whittington. “Our goal is 100% compliance, and we will continue to check stores, restaurants, and clerks to ensure they not only know the law, but abide by the law.”
The Bossier Sheriff-Police Narcotics Task Force comprises deputies with the Bossier Sheriff’s Office and officers with the Bossier City Police Department and was formed in 2012.