The Biedenharn Foundation has presented $30,000 to teachers Tuesday to implement new projects and technology in their classrooms.
Each teacher received different amounts depending on their grant proposal requests.
This is the third year the foundation has given grants to Bossier Parish Schools in memory of Syndey Biedenharn, a former teacher whose family owns and operates Coca-Cola Bottling in Shreveport. This educators’ endowment was established two years ago to carry on her legacy.
- Toni Ward and Paige Malley – Legacy Elementary -$2,469.65
- Lisa Neuman, R.V. Kerr Elementary – $2,487.23
- Callie Schneider, Central Park Elementary -$2,439.90
- Brandy Hanks, Plantation Park Elementary -$2,472
- Vanessa Power and Holly Fisk, Plantation Park Elementary -$1,750.73
- Jaimee Mercer, Stockwell Place Elementary -$2,460
- Tamara Harville, Benton Elementary – $2,442.75
- Dawn Fausto, Meadowview Elementary- $2,482.70
- Ashleigh Jackson, Kingston Elementary – $1,080
- Michelle Tidwell, Benton Middle School – $2,500
- Claire Hernandez and Gail Rittenberry, T.O. Rusheon Middle School -$2,496.59
- Anna Welch, Airline High School – $2,462.41
- Kathryn Pease, Haughton High School -$2,456.04