Capital One Bank, The Simple Church, and the BPCC Foundation present the 7th annual BPCC100 Go-Kart Race from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, September 24, on the Bossier Parish Community College campus, 6220 E. Texas Street, Bossier City. This annual event raises money to help support the student scholarship fund at BPCC.
Local businesses and organizations sponsor teams in customized go-karts as they zip around the race track to compete for trophies. Teams also compete for prizes in various categories such as: Best Looking Car; Best Dressed Pit Crew and Fastest Pit Crew.
Since its inception, the BPCC 100 has raised $270,000 to support students attending Bossier Parish Community College. To date, the Foundation awarded scholarships to deserving students totaling over $650,000, funded in part with proceeds from the BPCC 100.
In addition to the car races, there will be food in the Brookshire’s Food Court and a Kids Pit Stop play area sponsored by The Simple Church.
- 8:00 a.m. Drivers, move your axles!
Division Cup Races
- 8:30 a.m. Lug Nut: Heat #1
- 8:50 a.m. Spark Plug: Heat #1
- 9:10 a.m. Lug Nut: Heat #2
- 9:20 a.m. Spark Plug: Heat #2
- 9:40 a.m. Johnny Wyatt Law Enforcement Appreciation Race
- 10:15 a.m. Division Cup Championship Race
- 10:45 a.m. Qualifying for Champions Shoot-Out Main Event
- 11:30 a.m. Teams Throw Down Races
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch Break – (Track and Pits Open to Public)
- 1:00 p.m. Fans Favorite Contest
- 1:30 p.m. Educational Institutions Face-Off Challenge
- 2:00 p.m. A Word from 2016 Sponsors; Contests/Prize Winner
- 2:30 p.m. Main Event: Champions Shoot-Out
- 3:30 p.m. Trophy Presentations
The event is FREE to the public and is fun for the entire family.
Organizations can participate in several ways – by sponsoring a racing team, sponsoring an event, or making a general contribution.
For more information, visit to www.bpcc100.org.