Qualifying for candidates for the November 4 election ended Friday, Aug. 22.
Below are races involving Bossier Parish politicians:
- Incumbent U.S. 4th District Representative John Fleming drew two opponents, Libertarian Randall Lord of Shreveport and Democrat Justin Ansley of Bossier City.
- Public Services Commissioner Foster Campbell is running for re-election against Keith Gates of Winnfield.
- The Bossier City Marshal race sees Carl Wayne Richard challenging current department employee Jim Whitman.
- The race for District Attorney sees long serving incumbent Schuyler Marvin take on Whit Graves.
- School Board races are — District 1 incumbent Jack Raley is stepping down and being replaced by Billie Brotherton. District 2’s Brad Bockhaus is unopposed. District 3 sees Frank Kelly being challenged by incumbent Tammy Smith from District 4. That leaves Richard Phipps II, Elizabeth Foster and William Lott to replace Smith in District 4. District 5’s Mike Monsour is unchallenged, as is Glen Bullard in District 6, J.W. Slack in District 7, and Kenneth Wiggins in District 8. Incumbent Eddy Ray Presley is being challenged by Eric Newman for the District 9 seat. District 10’s Samm Darby is unopposed while Shane cheat ham is the sole candidate for District 11, as is Dennis Bamburg for District 12.
- District Judges Mike Craig, Jeff Cox, Mike Nerren and Parker Self are unopposed. Two judges are retiring and being replaced by unopposed candidates. Charles Jacobs will replace Judge John Robinson and Jeff Thompson will replace Judge Ford Stinson.
- Bossier City Judge Tommy Wilson is unopposed.
- Plain Dealing Mayor Wiley Robinson is being challenged by Donna Canales.
- Incumbent Marshal Ronnie Murray has two opponents, Tim Cannon and Chuck Spraggins.
- Justice of the Peace districts will see — In District 1, longtime incumbent Tom Carleton is stepping down. Bill Shelton has filed for the position. Linda Carter, Cliff Cannon and Homer Sullivan will vie for District 3. Julia Budwah and Lorraine Ragsdale, the incumbents in Districts 4 and 5 respectively, are unopposed. District 6 will come down to Ron Eastridge, Charles Gray, David Cook and James Keith.
- In the races for Constable, Scooter Rushing and Brandon Oswalt have filed in District 1. District 3 will see Jerry Jenkins, Stephen Smith, John Craft, Rick Blalock and Eddie Chandler vie for the position. Ron Matlock is the sole candidate in District 4, as is Charles Sholz in District 5. District 6 will see Jeffrey Weems, Wayne Berry and Kenneth Stephens vie for the spot.