BPL has a wide variety of local, state and national newspapers both in print and digital format. Patrons are welcome to come into any branch to read the newspapers at leisure or go online for news at the library website, www.bossierlibrary.org which is free to library card holders.
Newspapers in house include: The Advocate (Baton Rouge); Bossier Press Tribune; New York Times; Shreveport Sun; The Times (Shreveport); USA Today; and Wall Street Journal. Investors will find Barron’s and Investor’s Business Daily to be informative.
Online versions are easily accessed with just a few clicks. Go to the library website to find the Research tab. From the dropdown menu select Research Databases, scroll down to EBSCO Host, and click on the Magazines & Newspaper tab to view the Statewide Database.
The Statewide Database is provided by a cooperative with the State Library. It contains:
• Academic Search Complete with 7,100 full-text periodicals and peer reviewed journals
• Bayou State Periodical Index for Louisiana popular periodicals
• MasterFILE Premier with full text for nearly 1,700 general reference publications
• Military & Government Collection which has cover-to-cover full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals
• Newspaper Source comprised of 45 national (U.S.) & international newspapers in full text
• Regional Business News that consists of full text coverage for regional business publications
Make a note:
- BPL will be closed Friday, November 11 for Veteran’s Day.
- Aulds Library 742-2337: Tues., Nov. 15— Adult Book Club at 11a.m., for ages 18 and up, “A Walk in the Woods” by Bill Bryson; Thur., Nov. 10 at 3:45p.m.—STEM/STEAM program, ages 5 and up
- Benton Library 965-2751: Mon., Nov. 7 &14 from 11:30a.m. to 12p.m., ages 0 to 5—Wiggle & Wobble ; Thur., 10 from 4 to 5p.m., ages 6 to 12—Club 745
- Bossier Central Library 746-1693: Tues., Nov. 8 at 4p.m., for ages 9 to 12—Tween Tuesday; registration required (limited to first 15); Wed., Nov. 9 at 10a.m., for ages 0 to 2 with guardians—Story Time (limited to first 50)
- East 80 Library 949-2665: Wednesdays at 10:30a.m., for ages 0 to 5—Lapsit Story Time (no program on Nov. 23rd); Thursdays at 3p.m., for all ages—After School Story Time (no program on Nov. 24th)
- Haughton Library 949-0196: Mon., Nov. 14 at 10a.m., for adults—BINGO!; Tues., Nov. 15 from 3:30 to 4:30p.m., for ages 4 and up—Lego Club
- History Center 746-7717: Thur., Nov. 10 at 6:30p.m., for adults and children 10 and up—Archeology and Preservation: Focusing on the Future; contact Pam Carlisle for more information.
- Plain Dealing Library 326-4233: Fridays, from 10 to 10:45a.m., for ages 0 to 5—Story Hour
- Tooke Memorial: Sat., Nov. 12 at 2p.m. for ages 5 to 12—A Time to be Thankful, games, crafts, and snacks, registration is required
Vicki Hardin is Assoc. Dir. of Public Relations for Bossier Parish Libraries She can be reached at (318) 746-1693 or email@example.com