Just in time for back to school, Gale Cengage Learning is updating their literature resources. The interface improvements will become effective Friday, August 7th. BPL is pleased to offer students the best services possible in order to make the 2015-2016 school year a success. A rundown provided by Gale (http://learn.cengage.com) with details of what to expect is below.
Literature Resource Center, LitFinder, and MLA International Bibliography
- What’s happening: Introducing a mobile-responsive interface, enabling easy access from any Web-enabled mobile device.
- When you can peek: beginning August 7, a link to preview the new experience will also be prominently placed on banners within Literature Resource Center, LitFinder, MLA International Bibliography
- When the interface change will become effective: December 20, 2015
Literature Resources from Gale and Gale Literary Archive, the cross-search of Something About the Author, Dictionary of Literary Biography, and Literary Criticism Online
- What’s happening: These literature resources will be replaced with upgraded access to Gale Artemis: Literary Sources, which gives you the ability to cross-search Literature Resource Center, Literature Criticism Online, Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online, Something About the Author Online, Contemporary Authors Online, LitFinder, Scribners Writers Online, Twayne’s Authors Online, MLA International Bibliography, and a customized GVRL eBook subcollection. Gale Artemis: Literary Sources also features a cutting-edge user interface that helps student and faculty discover and explore topics more easily.
- When the interface change will become effective: August 7, 2015
Our Library! Gateway to the Past, Bridge to the Future.
Make a note:
Bossier Central 746-1693
- Tuesday, August 11 from 5—7p.m. stop by for an Open House with door prizes, snacks, and tours of the library and History Center all sponsored by the Friends of Bossier Parish Library.
- Thursday, August 20 from 6—7p.m. the Bossier Central Book Club will discuss “The Goldfinch” by Donna Tartt.
Tooke Memorial 987-3915
- Saturday, August 1 from 12—3p.m. for children ages 6—13, Movie Day showing “Strange Magic” with refreshments.
- Wednesdays, beginning August 17 through December 15 from 11:00—11:30 a.m., Story Time @ Your Library for ages 0—5 with parents. Call or stop by to preregister.
“Book of Numbers” by Joshua Cohen
“The Alpine Zen: An Emma Lord Mystery” by Mary Daheim
“The Fixer” by Joseph Finder
“The Harvest Man” by Alex Grecian
“The Ghost Fields” by Elly Griffiths
“Noontime Follies: A Jake Hines Mystery” by Elizabeth Gunn
“The Life Intended” by Kristin Harmel
“Married ‘til Monday” by Denise Hunter
“Disclaimer” by Renee Knight
“Born of Defiance” by Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Girl in a Band” by Kim Gordon
“Psychedelic Bubble Gum: Boyce & Hart, The Monkees, and Turning Mayhem into Miracles” by Bobby Hart
“Amish Confidential” by Levi Stoltzfus
“Daddy Stop Talking” by Adam Carolla
“Bad Days in History” by Michael Farquhar
“King John: And the Road to Magna Carta” by Stephen Church
“Elizabeth I and Her Circle” by Susan Doran
“Beale Street Dynasty” by Preston Lauterbach
“Rhythm of the Wild: A Life Inspired by Alaska’s Denali National Park” by Kim Heacox
“Out Came the Sun: Overcoming the Legacy of Mental Illness, Addiction, and Suicide in My Family” by Mariel Hemmingway
Vickie Hardin is Associate Director of Public Relations for Bossier Parish Library. She can be reached at email@example.com