With the anticipation of heavy rainfall this week from Tropical Storm Harvey, Bossier City and Bossier Parish are making sandbags available for residents at the following locations:
• Bossier City Public Service Complex, 3223 Old Shed Rd. Monday 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. and on Tuesday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
• Bossier Parish Highway Maintenance Facility, 410 Mayfield St. in Benton Monday until 8 p.m. and on Tuesday from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Pre-made sandbags will be available for self-serve pickup at these locations Monday and Tuesday:
• South Bossier Fire District 2, 3551 Louisiana Highway 527.
• Haughton – Haughton Fire District 1, 4494 U.S. Highway 80.
• Haughton – Town of Haughton, 120 W. McKinley Ave.
• Plain Dealing – Town of Plain Dealing, 205 W. Palmetto.
Bossier government leaders, emergency management personnel and first responders met Monday morning to receive the latest briefing from the National Weather Service Office in Shreveport regarding what Tropical Storm Harvey may have in store for Bossier Parish. As of now, 3-5 inches of rain is expected from Harvey through this weekend which could result in flooding on some streets and in low lying areas that usually flood during times of heavy rainfall. Some of that rain could be locally heavy.
City and parish leaders will continue to monitor the storm’s progress.