The results are in…Five alcohol propositions were approved in Parish Police Jury Dist. 2 and Plain Dealing selected an alderman in Saturday’s election.
The December 8 election results in Bossier Parish are as follows:
- In Plain Dealing, Shanita Gay wins the District 1 Alderman runoff with 64% of the vote topping her opponent LaQuita Miller with 58% of the vote.
- In the alcohol proposition vote for Bossier Parish Police Jury District 2, all five propositions passed. The results are:
- Alcohol Proposition 1: 834 – Yes 409 – No
- Alcohol Proposition 2: 797 – Yes 437 – No
- Alcohol Proposition 3: 788 – Yes 451 – No
- Alcohol Proposition 4: 783 – Yes 452 – No
- Alcohol Proposition 5: 840 – Yes 395 – No
Bossier Parish residents also voted in several Shreveport races.
In those races, Adrian Perkins defeated incumbent Ollie Tyler, 64 to 36 percent. Willie Bradford was selected as the Dist. A representative to the Shreveport City Council, while LaVette Fuller and John Nickelson won the Dist. B and Dist. C races, respectively.
In state elections, Kyle Ardoin won the Louisiana Secretary of State runoff capturing 59 percent of the vote with Gwen Collins-Greenup garnering 41 percent of the vote.