Home News-Free Benton man accidentally electrocuted

Benton man accidentally electrocuted

A Benton man was accidently electrocuted Sunday morning in Bossier Parish.

bossier city fire department logoGeorge William Chambers, IV, 41, of the 100 block of Kingston Road, Benton, La., was pronounced dead at Willis Knighton Hospital in Bossier City a short time after the incident.

Chambers made contact with a low-hanging power line while riding a horse Sunday morning in a field on Pete Modica Road in Bossier City.  The horse that Chambers was riding was also electrocuted.

Chambers was a 20-year veteran with the Bossier City Fire Department and was a fire truck driver assigned to Fire Station #9 on Brownlee Road.  Chambers leaves behind a wife and two children.

Fire Chief Brad Zagone said, “The Bossier City Fire Department is saddened over the loss of our brother George Chambers. George was an outstanding firefighter and will be missed by all of us who were fortunate to serve with him and call him friend. Our thoughts and prayers remain with his family during this difficult time.”

Previous articleObituary – Mary Ann Hill
Next articleARRESTED: Man wanted for theft caught in Texas


Comments are closed.