The Bossier Chamber of Commerce held its Celebrate Barksdale Reception in honor of the leadership of Barksdale Air Force Base this week.
Honored Barksdale leaders and their spouses were presented with a token of appreciation in recognition of their outstanding service and dedication of our country.
Attendees recognized at the reception:
Representing Air Force Global Strike Command:
- Mrs. Nancy Wilson, Spouse of the Commander, Lieutenant General Stephen Wilson
- The Vice Commander, Major General Richard Clark and his wife Amy
- Director of Staff, Mr. Jeffrey Beene and his wife Carol
Representing Eighth Air Force:
- Chief of Staff, Colonel Patrick Matthews
- Command Chief, Chief Master Sergeant Marty Anderson
Representing Second Bomb Wing:
- Commander, Colonel Kristin Goodwin
- Vice Commander, Colonel Leland Bohannon
- Director of Staff, Lieutenant Colonel Christopher Otis and his wife Kaye
- Command Chief, Chief Master Sergeant Thomas Mazzone
Representing 307th Bomb Wing:
- Commander, Colonel Jonathan Ellis
- Vice Commander, Colonel James Morriss and his wife Melody
- Command Chief, Chief Master Sergeant Randall Noble and his wife Joni
The Bossier Chamber recognizes the importance of providing local service men and women with a strong foundation of community support and has an active program of work that supports our military partners. The Bossier Chamber works to ensure the continued growth and prosperity of our military in the Bossier/Shreveport community through many programs and initiatives including community education, support of military awards programs, and hosting semi-annual veteran’s job fairs.
Through these programs we encourage social interaction between the civilian and military community, facilitate communication between the military units and Bossier Chamber members, and focus on strengthening the outside perception of the Bossier Parish area as a desired destination for active duty and reserve military members and their families.