Bossier Parish Community College is excited to announce its plans to celebrate Community College Week, March 21-25.
The purpose of Louisiana Community College Week is to inform prospective students of all ages about the colleges, programs offered, and the potential careers that those programs can develop them for. BPCC has planned events for current and prospective students to learn about the college’s course offerings, certification and degree programs, admissions process, and financial aid. Campus tours are also available each day and can be scheduled by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The week-long event will conclude Friday, March 25th, with a social media takeover on the College’s Instagram account (@bpcc_cavs) and live Q&A at 3 p.m.
A partial list of events include:
Monday, March 21
- Virtual Cav Chat from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. via Microsoft Teams
Tuesday, March 22
- Understanding the Assignment (Session 1 at 10 a.m.; Session 2 at 12:45 p.m.)
- Tour the campus
- Get information on admissions and financial aid
- Take part in a mock class held by a BPCC faculty member
- Get your questions about college classes answered
- Meet future BPCC students
- MJ Foster Promise Program Information from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- A new $10.5 million annual state fund that will provide financial support for students to earn credentials that align to high-demand jobs in Construction, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Healthcare, and Transportation & Logistics.
Wednesday, March 23
- Maroon + Gold Day
- Show your school spirit by wearing maroon and gold!
- Pop-Up Registration and Student Success Lab from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Express register for Maymester and Summer Classes.
- Work one-on-one with an advisor to pre-plan your schedule for an entire school year.
- Register for door prizes.
Thursday, March 24
- Advising on the Go
- Get connected with an advisor before, after, or between classes for express advising.
Friday, March 25
- Financial Aid Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Social media takeover on Instagram (@bpcc_cavs)
Visit www.bpcc.edu/CCweek for more information and to see a full schedule of events.
The Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) partners with Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA) to celebrate Louisiana Community College Week statewide on the campuses of the 12 colleges within the system. LCTCS colleges offer in-demand, short-term programs that can lead to high paying careers in today’s economy.
Currently among the most productive and fastest growing two-year college systems in the nation, Louisiana’s community and technical colleges have garnered national recognition for their innovative and workforce-centric approach to education and training.
BPCC offers associate degrees, technical diplomas, certificates and technical competency areas in pathways such as healthcare, computer technology, manufacturing, business, and general studies. BPCC’s Maymester begins May 17th with the summer sessions beginning June 1st.
Visit www.bpcc.edu to apply and begin the registration process.