Three clerks from five different stores in Bossier City and Benton were cited by agents with the Bossier Sheriff-Police Narcotics Task Force on Jan. 13 for selling alcohol to persons under the age of 21.
- Willow Chute, 4721 Palmetto Rd. in Benton (Clerk cited: Louis D. Carson, 23)
- Dixie Mart, 6296 Highway 3 in Benton (Clerk cited: Carolyn G. Turner, 65)
- Food Mart, 4903 Airline Drive in Bossier City (Clerk cited: Ramprasad Pandey, 23)
These are the two stores in compliance with the law that did not sell alcohol to underage buyers:
- Country Corner, 1198 Linton Rd., Benton
- Country Junction, 6602 Highway 3 in Benton
“We check these businesses to ensure they are 100% compliant with the law,” said Sheriff Whittington. “Our goal is to hold businesses and clerks who sell alcohol to underage buyers accountable.”
The Bossier Sheriff-Police Narcotics Task Force comprises deputies with the Bossier Sheriff’s Office and officers with the Bossier City Police Department.