Give for Good is a 24-hour online giving challenge led by The Community Foundation of North Louisiana to raise unrestricted dollars for the nonprofits in our community. It is a day of giving to celebrate the nonprofits in our community and a chance to raise thousands of dollars to make our community even better.
WHEN IS IT?
May 3, 2016 – A national day of giving that shines a light on the local nonprofits in our community. It celebrates and recognizes the impact we can make in our community when we join together to Give for Good!
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS:
- To build a broad and more engaged culture of philanthropy for our community.
- Bring as many people as possible together around giving
- Show North Louisiana’s spirit of giving
- Raise awareness in the community about the many services our nonprofit community provides
- Create more unrestricted dollars in an economy where more is being required with fewer resources
- To build the next generation of philanthropists for the Shreveport metro area
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Easy! First, nonprofits will have until February 12, 2016 to create a giving profile. On May 3, 2016 anyone can visit www.giveforgoodnla.org and choose the nonprofit(s) to which they want to give! Then dollars from our local “Lagniappe Fund” and our hourly cash prizes will be used to amplify EVERY gift!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Anyone can make a donation to participating nonprofits! Nonprofits should check the Rules and FAQ to determine eligibility. Registration ended February 12, 2016.
BECOME A SPONSOR
There’s still time to sponsor Give for Good! with a gift to our Lagniappe Fund. All nonprofits that receive gifts through Give for Good! will receive funds and may be eligible for cash prizes and bonuses made possible by generous sponsors. Our Lagniappe Fund goal is $500,000. The larger the pool, the more money for our nonprofit participants! For sponsorship inquiries, please contact Jennifer Steadman at Steadman@cfnla.org.
Check back frequently for an updated list of participating nonprofit organizations and Lagniappe Fund donors!