Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin is reminding everyone that Saturday, Dec. 10, 2022 is Election Day.
In preparation for the election, Secretary Ardoin encourages voters to remember:
● Early voting ends Dec. 3. Polls will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
● The deadline to request an absentee ballot is Dec. 6 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).
● The deadline to return a voted absentee ballot to the registrar of voters office is Dec. 9 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).
● Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
● Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.GeauxVote.com.
● Voters may also utilize the virtual voter assistant, GeauxBot, to access pertinent election information. GeauxBot is accessible by visiting voterportal.sos.la.gov or by selecting Elections and Voting on sos.la.gov.
● Voters can sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
● Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport, or a digital license via LA Wallet).
● Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or at www.sos.la.gov.
For more information, please contact our Elections Division at 800.883.2805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.