Home News-Free Fire Destroys House in Benton on Sunday Morning

Fire Destroys House in Benton on Sunday Morning


From The Bossier Sheriff’s Office:
Faulty wiring appears to be the cause of a house fire in Benton on Sunday morning.
Two residents of a home in Benton escaped injury this morning, but the house they were renting was destroyed following a fire that started around 9 a.m. Sunday morning, likely due to faulty electrical wiring, according to fire officials.
Firefighters with Benton Fire District #4 and Bossier EMS crews, along with deputies with the Bossier Sheriff’s Office, were dispatched to 264 East Ridge Drive, just off of Palmetto Road in Benton. The residents had been working on Christmas lighting and decorations when the fire started. The flames rose quickly in the house, but firefighters worked swiftly to extinguish the fire and keep it from spreading to a nearby large garage and other homes, as well as keep the fire from spreading onto the large number of trees in the wooded area. EMS crews also staged to assist the residents and firefighters engaged in the firefight, while Bossier deputies worked traffic control. While the residents made it out safely, they are still missing their little male Yorkie, who they believe may not have survived the fire.

Previous articleBPCC music faculty Christmas concert scheduled for Dec. 8
Next articleObituary: James H. Evans