Information during a briefing of all Bossier Parish agencies conducted Thursday morning (March 10):
- Red Chute Bayou at Dogwood Trail is expected to crest at 26.5 feet; at Sligo Rd., the bayou is holding steady at 38.8 feet. Little change is expected through Friday according to the National Weather Service.
- Flooding in south Bossier Parish is comparable to that which occurred in March, 2001.
- Forecasters are predicting between three and four inches additional rainfall through Sunday.
- Flat River at Sligo, little change is expected through Sunday.
- The Red River reportedly is slightly above flood stage at Coushatta and water from streams and bayous in Bossier Parish is moving out.
- Mandatory evacuations continue in Victorian Pointe, Carriage Oaks, Brookhaven, Stockwell Place, Lafayette Park, Stone Bridge, Tiburon, Richmond Cove and Dogwood*. In Dogwood, particularly Dogwood South where homes adjoin Red Chute and other low-lying areas where flooding potential remains.
- Residents in south Bossier Parish are urged to continue to monitor water levels and be prepared to leave quickly.
- The bridge on Sligo Rd. just east of Chesapeake is now open to traffic.