Bossier Sheriff Julian Whittington and Bossier officials will hold a press conference Sunday afternoon. The press conference will stream live on the Bossier Sheriff’s Office Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
bossiersheriff or on Twitter (handle is @bossiersheriff).
During the news briefing, the Sheriff’s Office will provide a general flood update and address the following issues:
* Status of Red Chute Bayou
* Status of Mandatory Evacuation Orders
* Status of Bossier Parish Schools
* How to Report Flood Damage
* Information on Public Assistance
NOTE ON RED CHUTE BAYOU AT DOGWOOD TRAIL — Officials have noticed an influx of traffic in that area while emergency responders are diligently working to shore up and monitor the levee. Bossier City has established an Incident Command Center at that location, and officials are asking the public not to park on either Dogwood Trail nor Stockwell Road in order to maintain safety during this active work area with ongoing emergency efforts. Officials strongly encourage people who don’t need to be in the area to stay away for the safety of all concerned.
* Sand bagging operations continue at the Benton and Bossier City locations. Two other locations, Koran Library and Elm Grove Elementary School, are self-serve locations for sand bags. Crews are working tirelessly to make sand bags.
* Salvation Army is in need of new socks and underwear primarily. Although appreciated, they are not looking for donations of used clothing at this point. They also need new clean-up items, packaged snacks and Gatorade-type drinks. Call 424-3200 to assist or make donations or go by their East Stoner location 9 – 4:30 during the week or 9 – 3 on the weekend.
* American Red Cross, who is operating the shelter at the Civic Center, is asking people not to bring any donations to the shelter. They are always looking for volunteers, though.