As 2016 is coming to a close, this is a time to celebrate the great triumphs and accomplishments as we reflect on the past year.
One way the Bossier Chamber of Commerce wants to do that is to honor the 2016 Business, Small Business and Business Person of the Year.
Do you know a business or business person who has excelled in the areas of leadership, growth and involvement and is dedicated not only to their company but to making an impact here in the community at-large? No matter what size business it is, a great way to recognize a business’ or business person’s dedication and impact in this community is to nominate them for one of these great achievements.
The nominees for Business, Small Business and Business Person of the Year should demonstrate excellence through one or more of the following:
- Exceptional growth through additional creation of jobs
- Revenue growth
- Innovative products/services
- Exemplary customer service
- Contributions to the Bossier-Shreveport community
- Business activities that illustrate a commitment to the community
- Must be a Bossier Chamber member in good standing
In 2015, the Chamber honored two outstanding businesses and one outstanding business person:
- Valveworks USA was named Business of the Year for its expanding global presence while staying involved in the community and making an impact on the local economy.
- Gumbeaux Event Productions was named Small Business of the Year for its successful business growth and willingness to be a great partner with other businesses and in the community.
- Mike McSwain was named Business Person of the Year for energetic, visionary and successful design development of Bossier City’s new landmark projects – the Downtown Re-envisioning Project and the CSRA Company facility in the National Cyber Research Park.
So, get your nominations in now! Nomination forms are available online at bossierchamber.com, in the left menu. The deadline for nominations is Thursday, Jan. 5, 2017.
The winners will be scored by the Leadership Committee and the winners will be kept confidential until announced at the Bossier Chamber’s Annual Gala, the region’s largest networking event that will bring nearly 700 members of the business community together to celebrate 2016.
The Gala is set for Jan. 31, 2017 at the CenturyLink Center.
Doors open at 6 p.m. for networking and cocktails, followed by the program at 7 p.m.
Individual tickets and corporate tables are available. Contact the Chamber now to reserve your seats: www.bossierchamber.com or 318.746.0252.
Lisa Johnson is President of the Bossier Chamber of Commerce