The library has a new electronic link to Chilton’s Automotive Repair on our website, www.bossierlibrary.org. It has replaced Automotive Repair Reference Center (ARRC). Chilton’s automotive manuals have been around for years. In fact, the library still has printed volumes of these large books on the shelves.
To access Chilton’s go to the library website where you will find the menu “Research & Homework” on the left side of the homepage. Chilton’s is in that list of databases.
Use the Vehicle Selector to find “detailed information to tackle vehicle maintenance and repairs.” Some of the important features include:
- Maintenance and specification tables that provide the unique data you need for each specific vehicle.
- Step-by-step service and repair procedures, and labor estimating tool to help you confidently determine your next move.
- Vacuum diagrams to simplify troubleshooting.
- Wiring diagrams to help explain system operation.
- Close-up photographs and illustrations for visual support.
- ASE test prep quizzes for the most popular certification exams
- A print button which allows you to easily print out what is needed.
A version of Delmar’s ASE Test Preparation is also available. There are “approximately 15 questions and may be repeated as many times as desired.” This is an added bonus for anyone interested in pursuing a career in automotive repair.
Our Library! Gateway to the Past, Bridge to the Future.
Make a note:
Aulds Library 746-2337
- Saturday, February 7 from 10a.m.—4p.m., Craft Corner. Stay for the Soup Party that begins at 11a.m.
- Saturday, February 7 at 11a.m. and Thursday, February 12 at 4p.m.: Mardi Gras Bead Art for ages 8—12. Registration is required. Contact Megan Cathcart or Kristin Kennedy.
Bossier Central 746-1693
- Monday, February 9 at 4p.m.: Cupcake Clash for teens ages 13—18. Decorate cupcakes inspired by a 2015 LA Reader’s Choice book or 2015 LA Young Reader’s Choice book. Materials provided.
- Thursday, February 19 from 6—7p.m., the Bossier Central Book Club will discuss “The Light Between the Oceans” by M. L. Steadman.
East 80 949-2665
- Check out, read, and summarize a book about a famous African American to enter in a drawing to win 2 free movie tickets to “Selma.” Contest ends on Tuesday, February 24, for ages 5–18.
- Tuesdays at 10a.m.: Lapsit Story Time for ages 0—3 with stories, songs, and crafts.
“Half a King” by Joe Abercrombie
“Recognition” by O.H. Bennett
“River of No Return” by David Riley Bertsch
“The Hilltop” by Assaf Gavron
“The High Divide” by Lin Enger
“A Small Indiscretion” by Jan Ellison
“After the Fall” by Patricia Gussin
“Home of Our Hearts” by Robin Jones Gunn
“The Bishop’s Wife” by Mette Ivie Harrison
“A Most Inconvenient Marriage” by Regina Jennings
“The Motivation Manifesto” by Brendon Burchard
“Manning Up: In the Face of Death” by Gregg Manning
“War of the Whales: A True Story” by Joshua Horwitz
“Law of the Jungle” by Paul M. Barrett
“The Juice Lady’s Anti-Inflammation Diet” by Cherie Calbom
“21 Secret Remedies for Colds and Flu” by Siloam Editors
“Dogs in Cars” by Lara Jo Regan
“Citizen Keane: The Big Lies Behind the Big Eyes” by Adam Parfrey
“Sports Illustrated Sports Almanac 2015” by Sports Illustrated Editors
“Knitting Wizardry” by Amy Clarke Moore
Vickie Hardin is Associate Director of Public Relations for the Bossier Parish Library. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org