We are celebrating Fall Festival week at the Bossier Parish Libraries and it is a pretty big deal. Monday through Friday of this week a festival will be happening at a different library branch each day. So dress up the kiddos in their favorite costumes and head our way. It will be a fun fall time at these locations, dates, and times:
Bossier Central, Wednesday, the 29th from 11:00a.m.—5:30pm.
Haughton and Koran Libraries, Thursday, the 30th from 3:30—5:00p.m.
Go to www.bossierlibrary.org to find out what else is happening at your neighborhood branch. Be sure to read the blogs and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Hoopla is coming.
Our Library! Gateway to the Past, Bridge to the Future.
Make a note for November:
Aulds (318) 742-2337
- Thursday, the 6th Family Story Time at 4p.m.
- Saturday, the 8th at 2:30p.m., Movie Day
- Thursday, the 13th at 4p.m., Shreveport Ballet
- Tuesday, the 18th at 11a.m., the Aulds Book Club will discuss “The Girls of Atomic City” by Denise Kiernan.
Benton (318) 965-2751
- Beginning Monday, November 17 –Saturday, December 6, play the Disney Birthday Bash Scavenger Hunt. Find the characters and receive a surprise.
- Bossier Central (318) 746-1693
- Thursday, the 20th from 6—7p.m. the Bossier Central Book Club will meet to discuss “The End of Your Life Book Club” by Will Schwalbe.
- Saturday Story Time, the second Saturday of each month at 11a.m. for ages 3—5 years.
East 80 (318)949-2665
- Saturday, the 15th at 5:30p.m., the E-80 Book Club will meet to discuss “The All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion” by Fannie Flagg
“The Visitors” by Patrick O’Keeffe
“Parker Field” by Howard Owen
“Runaway Saint” by Lisa Samson
“Windswept” by Patricia Ryan
“Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” by David Shafer
“Land of Love and Drowning” by Tiphanie Yanique
“Sand and Fire” by Tom Young
“World of Trouble” by Ben H. Winters
“Haunted” by Randy Wayne White
“Judy Garland on Judy Garland” editor Randy Schmidt
“The Game Plan: The Art of Building a Winning Football Team” by Bill Polian
“The Birth of Football’s Modern 4-3 Defense” by T. S. Troup
“A Difficult Par: Robert Trent Jones Sr. and the Making of Modern Golf” by James R. Hansen
“Dark Invasion” by Howard Blum
“The Nixon Tapes: 1971–1972” edited by Douglas Brinkley and Luke Nichter
“Sally Ride” by Lynn Sherr
“Lifting My Voice” by Barbara Hendricks
“The News Sorority” by Sheila Weller
“The World’s 60 Best Skewers Period.” Editor Antoine Ross Trempe
“Man’s Best Hero True Stories” by Ace Collins
Vickie Hardin is Associate Director of Public Relations for the Bossier Parish Library. She can be reached at email@example.com