If you have ever wanted to take a class for fun, to learn something new, or get a little extra training to help you move up in the company you work for, I invite you to check out the new Gale Courses we are now offering online through our website, www.bossierlibrary.org. Under the Research & Homework menu click on Gale Courses where you will find free courses for just about everyone.
Gale Courses are accessible online, 24/7. The lessons are well-crafted, with expert online instruction, and interaction with other students taking the classes. With six-week courses, you can join programs year-round. All you need is your library card to sign up and log in.
- Career & Professional Development: Many courses are tied to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ fastest-growing occupations. Examples include: Accounting, Resume Writing, Business and Management, Grant Writing and Nonprofit, Real Estate, Healthcare, and Sales and Marketing
- Computers & Technology: Courses cover all skill levels from beginner to advanced, even focusing on specific software applications. Examples include: Introduction to the Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management, Graphic and Multimedia Design, and The Internet
- Personal Enrichment: A wide array of courses truly offers the opportunity to transform lives, whether related to hobbies, education, or life resources. Examples include: Children, Parents, & Family, Digital Photography, Health &Wellness, and Test Prep
Our Library! Gateway to the Past, Bridge to the Future.
Make a note for November:
Benton Library (318) 965-2751
- Saturday, the 22nd at 11a.m., Super Saturday Kids’ Program: Disney Birthday Bash Movie Day. “Maleficent” rated PG. Only 30 seats available. Registration is required. (318) 965-2751.
Aulds Library (318) 742-2337
- Saturday, the 8th at 2:30p.m.: Movie Day at
- Tuesday, the 18th at 11a.m., Book Club
Haughton Library (318) 949-0196
- Tuesdays Lapsit Program at 10a.m. for ages 0-3 years.
Vickie Hardin is Associate Director of Public Relations for the Bossier Parish Library. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org