Once again, it is time to settle up with Uncle Sam. Tax Season is about to kick into high gear and AARP Tax Service is ready to help. Beginning Monday, February 2, trained volunteers will prepare electronic tax forms for free at the Bossier Central Library. The hours of operation will be 9a.m.—2p.m. Monday through Friday until April 15.
The doors to the library will open at 9a.m. Be prepared to wait in line because many people arrive early. Patrons will be taken on a first come first serve basis. Please bring a photo ID and all pertinent tax information.
For those preparing their own taxes, Tax Forms and Publications are available online at www.IRS.gov. Patrons with a library card may sign up to use a computer to print tax forms.
Our Library! Gateway to the Past, Bridge to the Future.
Make a note:
Aulds Library 746-2337
- Saturday, February 7 from 10a.m.—4p.m., Craft Corner. Stay for the Soup Party that begins at 11a.m.
- Saturday, February 7 at 11a.m. and Thursday, February 12 at 4p.m.: Mardi Gras Bead Art for ages 8—12. Registration is required. Contact Megan Cathcart or Kristin Kennedy.
- Fridays, February 6 and 13 at 10a.m.: Preschool Story Time for ages 3—5. Registration is required.
- Mondays, February 2 and 9 at 10a.m.: Baby Laptime for ages 0—2. Registration is required.
Bossier Central 746-1693
- Monday, February 9 at 4p.m.: Cupcake Clash for teens ages 13—18. Decorate cupcakes inspired by a 2015 LA Reader’s Choice book or 2015 LA Young Reader’s Choice book. Materials provided.
- Tuesday, February 10 at 4p.m.: Tween Tuesday for ages 9—12. Registration is required.
East 80 949-2665
- Wednesdays at 11a.m.: Lapsit Story Time for ages 0—5.
- Check out, read, and summarize a book about a famous African American to enter in a drawing to win 2 free movie tickets to “Selma.” Contest ends on Tuesday, February 24, for ages 5–18.
- Tuesdays at 10a.m.: Lapsit Story Time for ages 0—3 with stories, songs, and crafts.
“Lisette’s List” by Susan Vreeland
“Fear City” by F. Paul Wilson
“The Annotated Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte`
“The Human Body” by Paolo Giordano
“Rush Too Far: A Rosemary Beach Novel” by Abbi Glines
“The Last American Vampire” by Seth Grahame-Smith
“Motherless” by Erin Healy
“Trust No One” by Jayne Ann Krentz
“Night of a Thousand Stars” by Deanna Raybourn
“Lizzy & Jane” by Katherine Reay
“Norwegian Knits with a Twist” by Arne Nerjordet
“Decorating the Way I See It” by Markham Roberts
“Classic Florida Style” by Beth Dunlop
“Fields of Blood” by Karen Armstrong
“Seeking the Promised Land” by David E. Campbell
“The Locust Effect” by Gary A. Haugen
“Law of the Jungle” by Paul M. Barrett
“The Wild Life” by Bud DeYoung
“Outlaws of the Atlantic” by Marcus Rediker
“Dogs Unleashed” by Tamsin Pickeral
Vickie Hardin is Associate Director of Public Relations for the Bossier Parish Library. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org