Bossier Central Library invites the public to participate in several events during the month of September. There is no charge to attend.
- Students from Northwestern State University College of Nursing will be in the library conducting blood pressure screenings from 9a.m. to 3p.m. on Wednesday, September 16, 23, and 30.
- Legal Services of North Louisiana (LSNL) Family Law Unit is hosting another workshop on self-representation in divorce situations from 6—7p.m. on Tuesday, September 22. Contact I.J. Clare-Sam at (318) 317-8383 for more information.
Book Club Events:
- Aulds, Tuesday, September 15 at 11a.m. Adult program. “The House Girl” by Tara Conklin. 742-2337.
- Bossier Central, Thursday, September 17 from 6—7p.m. Adult program. “Bittersweet” by Colleen McCullough. 746-1693.
- East 80, Saturday, September 12 from 12:30—1:30p.m. Teen Reading Program. The topic is “Choose Your Ship (Love Triangles).” 949-2665.
- East 80 Young Readers, Thursday, September 24 from 3:30—4:30p.m. for ages 6—12.
Our Library! Gateway to the Past, Bridge to the Future.
“No Place to Hide: A Novel” by Susan Lewis
“Those Secrets We Keep” by Emily Liebert
“The Dark Forest” by Liu Cixin
“Crazy Mountain Kiss: A Sean Stranahan Mystery” by Keith McCafferty
“The Night Sister” by Jennifer McMahon
“The Darling Dahlias and the Eleven O’clock Lady” by Susan Wittig Albert
“Smaller and Smaller Circles” by F. H. Batacan
“The Royal We” by Heather Cocks
“Dragon Heart” by Cecelia Holland
“A Curious Beginning” by Deanna Raybourn
“Reset Your Child’s Brain” by Victoria L, Dunckley
“What To Do We Do When You Don’t Know What To Do” by David Jeremiah
“Death Row Chaplain” by Rev. Earl Smtih
“Reach” edited by Benjamin Todd Jealous
“Dark Places of the Earth” by Jonathan Bryant
“How to Raise and Adult” by Julie Lythcott-Haims
“A Life of Lies and Spies” by Alan Trabue
“What Color is Your Parachute? 2015” by Richard Nelson Bolles
“Among Heroes” by Brandon Webb
“Dreamland” by Sam Quinones
Vickie Hardin is Associate Director of Public Relations for Bossier Parish Library. She can be reached at email@example.com