BATON ROUGE, La. – Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser announces the closures of several State Museum properties and welcome centers ahead of Hurricane Ida.
State Museum Properties
The following State Museum properties will be closed Saturday, August 28, through Monday, August 30. These properties anticipate reopening to the public for normal hours on Tuesday, August 31.
- The Cabildo; New Orleans
- The Presbytère; New Orleans
- The New Orleans Jazz Museum; New Orleans
- 1850 House; New Orleans
- Madame John’s Legacy; New Orleans
- Capitol Park Museum; Baton Rouge
- E.D. White Historic Site; Thibodaux
- Wedell-Williams Aviation and Cypress Sawmill Museum; Patterson
The following welcome centers will be closed Sunday, August 29, and Monday, August 30. These welcome centers anticipate reopening to the public at 8:30 a.m., Tuesday, August 31.
- I-10 Atchafalaya Welcome Center; Breaux Bridge
- I-10 West Slidell Welcome Center; Slidell
- I-59 Pearl River Welcome Center; Pearl River
- I-55 Kentwood Welcome Center; Kentwood
- State Capitol Welcome Center; Baton Rouge