Home News-Free Luncheon to celebrate life after breast cancer

Luncheon to celebrate life after breast cancer

Breast cancer survivors from across North Louisiana will gather together, along with family and friends on Saturday, July 23, 2016 at East Ridge Country Club to celebrate life after breast cancer.  Breast Cancer Survivor, Nikia Hammonds Blakely of Frisco, Texas will be the guest speaker for the Mad Hatter themed event.

The event is hosted by Susan G. Komen North Louisiana and begins at 10 am with a silent auction, followed by the brunch.

“Each year our Survivor Brunch is a great way for women in this area to reconnect and celebrate the common bond they share as breast cancer survivors”, said Lindsay Dean, Executive Director of Komen North Louisiana. “These women have not let this diagnosis stop them from living life to the fullest.  They are full of grace and strength and are an inspiration to others.  Chairman Denise Tindall, a breast cancer survivor herself, has done a great job with organizing this event.  The Mad Hatter theme will be a fun twist to the day.”

Having survived a life-altering bout with breast cancer at age 16 years old, special guest speaker, Nikia Hammonds-Blakely, now 37, is an author, singer, songwriter and motivational speaker who focuses her message on receiving physical and emotional healing with the help of God and family.

Tickets for the luncheon are $15.00 for breast cancer survivors and $25.00 for guests and are still available online at komennorthlouisiana.org or at the door. All of the proceeds will benefit Komen North Louisiana. 75% of the proceeds raised will stay here in our ten parish service area and fund breast health services and education.  The other 25% funds breast cancer research.

Survivors will be honored again on Saturday, September 24 at the Komen North Louisiana Race for the Cure to be held in Bossier City at the CenturyLink Center.  Race registration is now underway.

For more information, please visit komennorthlouisiana.org or call 318-220-7050.

Previous articleFormer Benton assistant Lyndzee McConathy named head girls basketball coach at Lakeside
Next articleLSU’s Miles speaks about variety of topics, including Brandon Harris, at SEC Media Days