Large print books may not interest everyone, but for those who are visually impaired they are a necessity. Bossier Parish Library has a considerable collection of large print books by many well-known authors.
This year, the Library has acquired quite a few new large print titles by authors Stuart Woods, Nora Roberts, Robin Cook, Clive Cussler and many more. On order now are books by Brenda Novak, William Johnstone, Larry McMurtry, Debbie McComber, and Frances Brody that will arrive soon.
If you would like to see the entire list of large print titles, go to the online catalog at www.bossierlibrary.org and search for “large print.” You can narrow your search by using the menu on left side of the page selecting one of these options: Format, New Titles, Author, Series, Collection, Publication Year, Subject, Genre, or Language.
All titles will display whether they are Available, Not Available, or On Order. Holds can be placed on any of these either in person at the library or online. Fill out a request form at any library branch to receive email notices concerning your arrived holds.
Providing a wide selection of large print books is another way Bossier Parish Library ensures our patrons receive the best possible service.
Make a note:
- Saturday, July 12 from 10a.m.—2p.m. Bossier Parish Library will be at the Bossier Civic Center for the annual Sign Up Saturday Event.
- Thursday, July 10, at 2p.m. the Bossier Central Adult Summer Reading Program presents Dr. Larry Snyder with Bossier Animal Hospital. Dr. Snyder will discuss Veterinary Health.
- Thursday, July 24, from 6—7p.m. the Bossier Central Book Club will meet to discuss “Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet” by Jamie Ford. For more details call (318) 746-1693.
Vickie Hardin is Outreach Specialist for the Bossier Parish Library. She can be reached at email@example.com
- “Astonish Me” by Maggie Shipstead
- “A Fatal Likeness” by Lynn Shepherd
- “Swimming in the Moon” by Pamela Shoenewaldt
- “The Cairo Affair” by Olen Steinhauer
- “Let Him Go” by Larry Watson
- “Man Alive” by Mary Kay Zuravleff
- “The Fight” by Luke Wordley
- “They Danced by the Light of the Moon: An Andy Gammon Mystery” (Lg. Print) by Tempa Pagel
- “Across the Cheyenne River” by John D. Nesbitt
- “Crown of Renewal” by Elizabeth Moon
- “The Disease Delusion” by Dr. Jeffrey Bland
- “The Body Doesn’t Lie” by Vicky Vlachonis
- “The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons” by Sam Kean
- “One-Hour Cheese” by Claudia Lucero
- “Area 51 Black Jets” by Bill Yenne
- “Brunette Ambition” by Lea Michele
- “Be the Dad She Needs You to Be” by Kevin Leman
- “Is That Me Yelling?” by Rona Renner
- “Everything Connects” by Faisal Hogue
- “Face the Music: A Life Exposed” by Paul Stanley