The Bossier Sheriff-Police Narcotics Task Force checked nine stores in Bossier City on Feb 4 for underage alcohol sales, and every clerk at those stores complied with the law and did not sell alcohol to persons under the age of 21.
These nine stores were in compliance with the law that did not sell alcohol to underage buyers:
- Citgo, 2200 block of E. Texas St.
- Valero, 100 block of Benton Spur
- Raceway, 2100 block of Old Minden Rd.
- Food Mart, 1600 block of Airline Dr.
- Food Mart, 2200 block of Barksdale Blvd.
- Exxon, 700 block of Diamond Jacks Blvd.
- Valero, 2800 block of Airline Dr.
- Circle K, 4100 block of Airline Dr.
- Dixie Mart, 4100 block of Benton Rd.
“We point out those stores and clerks who commit a crime by selling alcohol to underage buyers,” said Bossier Sheriff Julian Whittington, “and we want to do the same in a positive way for those stores that do the right thing. Compliance with the law and safety of our young people is our goal.”
The Bossier Sheriff-Police Narcotics Task Force comprises deputies with the Bossier Sheriff’s Office and officers with the Bossier City Police Department.