City offices to close
The City of Bossier City administrative offices, including offices for City Council and City Court, will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Wednesday, Dec. 25 in observance of the Christmas holiday.
The schedule for trash pickup by Republic Services that week will be as follows:
- Monday (Dec. 23) trash collection routes will run as scheduled.
- Tuesday (Dec. 24) trash collection routes will run as scheduled.
- There will be no residential trash collected on Wednesday (Christmas Day). Trash collection routes normally run on Wednesday will instead run on Thursday (Dec. 26).
- Thursday trash collection routes will run on Friday (Dec. 27)
- Friday trash collection routes will run on Saturday (Dec. 28)
Parish tax offices to close
The four locations of the Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office that collect property taxes will be closed Dec. 24 – 25 and Jan. 1.
These locations include the Bossier Parish Courthouse in Benton and substations at 7076 Highway 3, 2510 Viking Drive and 3135 Arthur Ray Teague Parkway.
Property taxes may still be paid online at www.bossiersheriff.com under the “Pay Property Taxes” tab at the top right of the screen. From there, search to find your property by entering the assessment number, name, address or P.O. Box number. You’ll be prompted to select a method of payment, either electronic check or credit card. The electronic check option will ask for banking information, such as the routing number and account number.
Property taxes can also be mailed to the Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office, Property Tax Department, P.O. Box 850, Benton, LA 71006.
Additional charges will be required for payments in person, online or by mail after Dec. 31, 2013. Payments made by mail, however, will be accepted without penalty if postmarked by the end of the year.