The Bossier City Police Department’s Vice Unit conducted an undercover operation Wednesday night at several local businesses as part of its ongoing effort targeting illegal sales of alcohol to persons under the age of 21.
A total of eight businesses were checked for compliance with state laws with the assistance of an underage operative who attempted to purchase alcohol at each location.
Two employees at separate businesses were caught selling alcohol to the underage operative and were charged accordingly. 31-year old Bhesh Bahadur Basnet employed at the Exxon Food Mart in the 2200 block of Barksdale Boulevard was arrested by citation for unlawful sales to persons under age of 21. Also cited on the same charge was 27-year old Aiban A. Ayash employed at Cascio’s Food Mart in the 2200 block of Barksdale Boulevard.
Six other businesses that were checked were all in compliance and refused to sell alcohol to the underage operative. Those businesses were:
• U.S. Petro in the 5400 block of Barksdale Boulevard – in compliance.
• Food City in the 2500 block of Barksdale Boulevard – in compliance
• Global Express in the 2000 block of East Texas Street – in compliance.
• Shed Express in the 4600 block of Shed Road – in compliance.
• Chevron Food Mart in the 1400 block of Shed Road – in compliance.
• Circle K. Store in the 4600 block of East Texas Street – in compliance.