WASHINGTON — U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. (R-LA), congratulated the eight Louisiana students he nominated to America’s service academies who accepted appointments and are on the path to becoming commissioned officers in the U.S. Armed Forces upon graduation in 2022.
Brian Engelke, an Airline High School student in Bossier City, was named to the U.S. Air Force Academy.
“We’re thankful for these students who have chosen military service. We’re thankful for their parents who provided an example of service to their children. And we’re thankful for all those who wear our nation’s uniform,” said Dr. Cassidy. “It was an honor to nominate these individuals and I wish them the very best in their studies and training.”
In addition to Engelke, Sen. Cassidy nominated the following Louisiana students:
U.S. Military Academy
- Nicholas DiLeo, Baton Rouge, Catholic High School
- Tommy Hall, III, Chalmette, Chalmette High School
U.S. Naval Academy
- Robert Ferrante, II, Mandeville, St. Paul’s School
- Caroline Finley, Destrehan, Ecoles des Grands Voyagers
- Jonathan Harding, Lafayette, St. Thomas More High School
U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Michael Delesdernier, Metairie, Holy Cross School
- Blake Fisher, Kenner, Fishers of Men Academy