Bossier City Police and Fire Department responded to a report Thursday of a man being electrocuted at the Alexis Park Apartments, 2201 Loreco Street in Bossier City.
An employee of the apartment complex was conducting maintenance to a flagpole at the entrance of the apartment complex on June 4, 2015. The employee was apparently electrocuted when the flagpole touched a neighboring power line.
SWEPCO was on scene and rendered the area safe. Bossier City Fire Department transported DeMarcus Hall, 26, of Shreveport to Willis Knighton Bossier where he died as a result of his injuries. Bossier City Police Department is conducting an investigation into his death, but a preliminary investigation points towards accidental death. Hall had worked at the complex for the past six years.
A second employee was conducting maintenance at the flagpole as well. That employee was also transported to Willis Knighton Bossier with non life threatening injuries.