Lisa Dilts, agent for State Farm is happy to announce that State Farm Neighborhood Assist® is back for its ninth year in 2020. As a company, we continue the effort to inspire and empower people to get involved in their communities to create a positive, sustainable, and measurable social impact.
2020 has been a year like no other in recent history, $25,000 could make a big impact at a time when non- profits and the communities they serve need it most. Due to the many challenges facing our nation right now, we’re removing all category requirements for submissions this year. This action will free up communities to submit causes to address their greatest needs. As in the past, the top 40 causes with the most votes will each receive a $25,000 grant, with awards totaling $1 Million.
What you should know
State Farm Neighborhood Assist®, a crowd-sourced philanthropic initiative, lets communities determine where grant funding is awarded. Anyone 18 years of age and older in the U.S. can participate.
The application is short and simple, and you can learn more by visiting www.neighborhoodassist.com. Applications are available and due on July 15 at 1:01PM. You, or someone you know, could be the catalyst for positive change in your community cause!
Meet the 2019 Winning Causes at https://www.neighborhoodassist.com/meetthewinners2019.html. Remember — the more unique, the higher the chances of making it into the top 200
Key program details
- Your application will be judged based on your answers to the following three questions:
- How much does the cause focus on an unmet need in this community?
- Why do you feel the $25,000 would address the unmet need?
- How much of a lasting impact on this community would the grant have?
- The submission phase is July 15th at 1PM EST and ends when 2,000 submissions are reached. (Last year we had 2,000 submissions in under 12 hours) You can prepare now by going to the website and downloading the submission guide. https://d3tveo6izsr7d0.cloudfront.net/neighborhoodassist2020/Sfna_Submission_Guide_2020.pdf
- All you have to do is submit the cause; you don’t have to “run the program.” Apply early – my recommendation would be right at 1PM EST on July 15th.
- The top 200 finalists will then be uploaded to www.neighborhoodassist.com where the public will be able to vote up to 10 times per day for 10 days from September 23rd-October 2nd.
- The top 40 causes with the most votes will each win a $25,000 grant from State Farm! Winners will be announced on November 4th.