The Shreveport Vet Center will host an event to appreciate Veterans and recognize 30 years of service Thursday November 6, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Vet Center located at 2800 Youree Drive, Shreveport.
The facility will be open and refreshment will be available. Individual, group, and family readjustment counseling to assist active duty service members in making a successful transition from combat, to garrison, or civilian life.
We welcome home Veterans with honor by providing quality readjustment counseling in a caring manner. Vet Centers understand and appreciate Veterans’ war experiences while assisting them and their family members with adjusting to a post-deployment environment. Services provided include:
- Same day counseling.
- A family friendly environment.
- Early intervention –to remove barriers to seeking assistance.
- Services for family members (for military/deployment related issues).
- Services for active duty service members who served in combat.
- Military sexual trauma counseling for service members of both genders.
Active duty service members or Veterans needing more information should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.