Winners of the 22nd annual Haughton Christmas Lights contest were recently announced.
- 1st Place, Kim and Carl Riley, of 632 Alex Way
- 2nd Place, Julia McCormick, of 100 E. Jefferson
- 3rd Place, Burtie and Bill Griffin, of 439 Shadywood
Winners were rewarded $100, $75, and $50, respectively. They also received a yard sign, plague, and a certificate.
Alex Way was selected as the Best Decorated Street.
Honorable Mentions include:
- Tyler Gillis, 134 Camp Zion
- Chris and Carla Nesbit, 315 Boulder
- Fletcher Theus, 541 Oliver
- Steven and Christina Rost, 520 Amberwood
- Royce and Sandy Green, 213 Pine Tree
- Jason and April Gantt, 100 N. Hazel
- Robert and Tiffany Brown, 1006 Tuscany
- James and Erin O’Daniel, 103 Foxchase
- Mike and Daphne Ritter, 202 Pine Tree
- Donald and Michelle Deleo, 503 Brunswick Gardens
- Janet Wolfe, 111 N. Myrtle
- David and Kelly Gray, 209 Cornerstone
- Rodney and Evelyn Farrington, 104 N. Hazel
- Eric and Christina Hunsucker, 440 Shadywood
- Danny and Brenda Dean, 444 Shadywood
Judging for the annual event, which draws hundreds of participants was Dec. 19. Participants were evaluated on creativity, design, lighting, neatness, Christmas Spirit, and “over-all eye appeal”.
Judges for this year’s contest (who did not reside in the Town of Haughton) included Debby McGinty, of Sibley, Sharon Malone, of Bossier, Morgan Brown, of Red Chute, and Michaela Womack, of Elm Grove.
Contest chairwoman was Reagan Currence and co-chair was Kim Mann.
The town would like to thank Chief Jimmy Holland, Haughton Fire Department, who drove the judges to view participants and Jacky Hicks and his crew who put up the Town of Haughton Christmas Decorations.