BATON ROUGE – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced today that 15 projects around the state were let on November 18, 2020. Twelve contractors presented apparent low bids totaling $35 million.
“This month’s letting is the start of quite a few roadway rehabilitation projects in different parts of the state,” said DOTD Secretary Shawn D. Wilson, Ph.D. “We know there are highways around Louisiana that are in need of repair, so we’re pleased to be able to extend the lives of these corridors whenever the funding allows.”
The projects and their apparent low bids are as follows:
Bridge Replacement and Repair:
- Replacement of Linton Rd. bridge over Black Bayou Reservoir in Bossier Parish: $4,987,521.00
- Patching on LA 28 between U.S. 167 and LA 3144 in Rapides Parish: $1,217,597.95
- Milling, patching, and overlay on Ames Blvd. between the Westbank Expy. and Happy St. in Jefferson Parish: $512,777.00
- Milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on LA 23 between the Belle Chasse Tunnel and Russell Dr. in Plaquemines Parish: $4,432,777.00
- Patching on LA 1 between Moreau St. and the end of the four-lane section in Avoyelles Parish: $827,063.07
- Grading, patching, and overlay on LA 42 between LA 3246 and Gardere Ln. In East Baton Rouge Parish: $1,446,366.32
- Phase 1 of Pendarvis Ln. improvements (milling, patching, pavement widening, overlay, and drainage) in Livingston Parish: $952,632.23
- Milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on U.S. 190 between LA 1077 and Redwood Dr. in St. Tammany Parish: $1,593,314.19
- Milling, patching, and overlay on LA 10 between the St. Helena Parish line and I-55 in Tangipahoa Parish: $418,504.35
- Grading, paving, patching, and overlay on U.S. 90 and LA 3046 in Jefferson Parish: $5,460,251.52
- Milling, patching, and overlay on LA 986 in West Baton Rouge Parish: $324,061.00
Congestion Mitigation and Safety:
- ITS traffic signalization on LA 3164, LA 67, U.S. 61, and U.S. 61-X in East Baton Rouge Parish: $5,598,698.33
- Roundabout construction on LA 594 at Rowland Rd. in Ouachita Parish: $1,374,507.54
- Signage on I-10 between the Twin Spans and the Mississippi state line and I-12 at I-55 in St. Tammany and Tangipahoa parishes: $2,035,869.70
- Southern University information center building construction in East Baton Rouge Parish: $3,828,000.00
Construction projects are prioritized by road/bridge condition, urgency of improvements, type/volume of traffic, crash records, unforeseeable emergencies that caused damage, and several other factors.
For more information about these projects, please visit wwwsp.dotd.la.gov.